The "Undocumented Features" Thread

Written by  on  

MTrek forums mtrek forum The "Undocumented Features" Thread

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by obit obit 4 days, 7 hours ago.

• Author
    obit
    obit
    Keymaster

I’ll go ahead and kick this off here:

This is a list of Easter eggs that have been uncovered. This might or might not include everything you guys have found, but it does include everything I’ve either seen you guys use or that y’all have told me about. For now, I’ll leave it up to you to post and add new things to the list as you find them.

• Regenerating Seekers and Lithium mines become available after 10 hours of play in a ship. After the first one is used, another one will regenerate every 5 minutes
    • Ctrl-a will display a cryptic message telling you where you might find an upgraded ship class
    • All of the standard ships [a-n] are being offered an upgrade at their respective home worlds. (10,000 gold minimum, resets the gold to zero)
    • The BR-2000 is available as an upgrade at Orion (minimum 10,000 gold).
    • Cygnus X-1 will normally transport your ship to the Ursus/Hyperion cluster of planets in Alpha. There is a second black hole (Cygnus X-0) near the Ursus/Hyperion cluster that will send you back near dv/roids/rigel/sb1/gorn
    • The KBOP is available as an upgrade at Klinzhai (minimum 10,000 gold).
    • The INTERCEPTOR is available as an upgrade at Romulus (minimum 10,000 gold).

And that’s pretty much it so far. As you guys find new stuff, feel free to keep those secrets to yourself or to pass them along however you see fit. As far as I’m concerned, if I see something mentioned in the chat, it’s public knowledge and I might add it to this list. Same goes for any spoilers or leaks I might pass along. For example, I won’t drop hints about getting a super-powerful ship to only one person; I’ll post it here to keep things fair. As a player, I’ll also refrain from using features unless they’re posted here for everyone to see.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by obit obit.
    squirel
    squirel
    Participant

Kpb -> KBOP @ klinzhai

ktekinay
    Participant

There seems to be a bug with the Seekers. I see them now after 10+ hours in mechanic, but I can fire the first one only after an additional 16K+ seconds!

obit
      obit
      Keymaster

I think it’s working properly now. Please let me know if you have any more issues. Thanks

ktekinay
    Participant

In Alpha, scan “Z” for the Cygnus X-0. (Why not “C” instead?)

obit
      obit
      Keymaster

The second black hole was an in-game trigger and wasn’t active at the launch of this version. By assigning it a default object letter Z, it avoided any conflict if there happened to already be a player-generated object at the same time, such as gold, plasma, ship debris, etc. it was much simpler to do it that way than to let it generate its own letter from the queue or come up with a timer or whatever.

squirel
    squirel
    Participant

IIA -> CUBE @ megadon if 10k+ Lol

obit
      obit
      Keymaster

fake news Lol

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Category :